About Live 5-2-1-0
Live 5-2-1-0 is a simple, easy to remember message to help kids and families adopt healthy habits.
We know that hearing a consistent message supported by a healthy community environment is important. By bringing community stakeholders together, Live 5-2-1-0 helps build partnerships and opportunities to create healthy environments where kids can eat well and be active every day.
Live 5-2-1-0 Message
Live 5-2-1-0 offers four simple guidelines to help kids and families adopt healthy habits every day.
Every part of a community should take part in sharing and supporting the Live 5-2-1-0 message to make a difference in the lives of children.
You may require Adobe Acrobat Reader, a free download.
- Canadian Physical Activity & Sedentary Behaviour Guidelines for the Early Years (0-4) Children (5-11) and Youth (12-17) (Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology)
- Canada’s Food Guide: Web or Printer-friendly Version (PDF)
- Canada’s Food Guide Builder: Build a food guide that’s tailored to you or your child!
- Childhood Obesity Foundation
- Download helpful fact sheets that fit the 5-2-1-0 guidelines for children 2-5 years old from the ActNowBC, the Shapedown Centre and NutritionLink.
- Better Together: Supporting families to spend more time eating together – with helpful suggestions, tips and resources for your family!
- Learn to SipSmart! A Resource for Educators and Families from the BC Pediatric Society and the Heart & Stroke Foundation of BC & Yukon.