The Great Outside
In Chilliwack, SCOPE is partnered with the Healthy Kids Initiative which is a project of the Chilliwack Division of Family Practice. The Healthy Kids Initiative is focused on the solution-oriented, evidenced-based health message of Live 5-2-1-0.
The Healthy Kids Initiative is working in collaboration with a broad range of organizations including community services, media, corporate, non-profit and government – focusing on generating exposure while at the same time demonstrating the Live 5-2-1-0 principles in action.
Sharing & Supporting Live 5-2-1-0
Chilliwack is sharing and supporting the Live 5-2-1-0 message with a growing team of partners including the Chilliwack Child and Youth Committee, Chilliwack Community Services and the Chilliwack School District – all of whom are dedicated to ensuring children are informed, motivated and supported in making healthy choices.
Here are just a few examples of how Live 5-2-1-0 is being shared and supported in Chilliwack:
- Live 5-2-1-0 posters, brochures and handouts available at doctors’ offices and hospitals
- Live 5-2-1-0 workshops and interactive presentations for students, parents and community groups
- The Family Physician Tool Kit, developed in partnership with the Chilliwack Division of Family Practice, with tips and resources about Live 5-2-1-0 for physicians
- The Chilliwack Child and Youth Committee passed a motion that all 30 of it’s organizational members will support the Live 5-2-1-0 message
- Joint Live 5-2-1-0 events, promotions and contests with various local businesses including grocery stores, hotels and restaurants
- Twice-daily radio spots highlighting Live 5-2-1-0 and healthy living tips generously donated by Chilliwack’s local station 89.5 The Drive
Visit the Chilliwack Division of Family Practice website to learn more about how they’re spreading the Live 5-2-1-0 message in their community through their Healthy Kids Initiative.