The Hope and Area Healthy Communities Committee (HHC) is a group comprised of over thirty agencies and six First Nations communities, along with members from the District of Hope and communities of the Fraser Canyon. Child health and wellness was identified as a priority area for the HHC in 2013, which initiated the formation of a partnership with SCOPE in 2014.
Sharing & Supporting Live 5-2-1-0
Supported by SCOPE and many community partners including Parks and Recreation, Fraser Health, and the municipal government, Hope has made great strides in promoting healthy behaviours among children and families. Here are just a few examples of how Hope is sharing and supporting Live 5-2-1-0:
- Licensed afterschool programs are following the Live 5-2-1-0 food guidelines
- Distribution of Live 5-2-1-0 resources to children and families at community events
- Recreational staff training on physical literacy
- Concession and vending machine contracts for the city required to meet specific healthy eating guidelines
- Live 5-2-1-0 message shared in recreation program guides
- Annual Live 5-2-1-0 community celebration
- Game booklets to support parents and caregivers to play actively with their kids
- 5 Live 5-2-1-0 Playboxes in Hope and the surrounding area
- In partnership with the Division of Family Practice, implemented a Service Provider Toolkit
- Mobile Live 5-2-1-0 Playbox unit in development that will be available for families to sign-out
For the latest information on Live 5-2-1-0 in Hope, visit the Live 5-2-1-0 Hope’s Facebook Page.