The Royal City
Fraser Health, School District 40 and Kids New West partnered with SCOPE in 2014 to bring Live 5-2-1-0 to the city of New Westminster. A major focus for community partners has been to raise awareness of the Live 5-2-1-0 message among children and families in the region, while also taking local action to support healthy behaviours.
Sharing & Supporting Live 5-2-1-0
Here are just a few examples of how Live 5-2-1-0 is being shared and supported in New Westminster:
- Live 5-2-1-0 included in Kids New West Community Resource Guide and Summer Activity Guide
- Live 5-2-1-0 playboxes at 3 different sites, a 4th one will be installed in 2018
- Live 5-2-1-0 incorporated into Healthy Schools Visioning process
- Live 5-2-1-0 featured at Parents’ Night Out event
- Live 5-2-1-0 information shared with schools
- Licensed childcare facilities given Live 5-2-1-0 information
- Currently creating a multicultural/multi-lingual games playbook that includes games from around the world to accommodate new Canadians and their families.
If you would like more information on the Live 5-2-1-0 initiative in New Westminster, or would like to become involved, contact Sukhdeep Jassar, Community Health Specialist, at email@example.com